Thursday, July 7, 2011

Crinkles for Stress

I always believed that one should not cook when feeling down.  When I did, my senses were not working - I could not smell what I was cooking, I could not tell if the dish was good or not. It was just so wrong for me. But lately, there's been so many events that I could not help getting stressed. With all the wedding preparations and work (plus my dear grandfather died last week just after my grandmother's death anniversary), I just could not relax.


A few days ago, my team mates plus some good friends surprised me with an envelope for my grandfather. I was so touched that I felt the blood go up my whole face. So I thought, why not use all those jitters and hand-mix a heavy batter? After all, they've kind of been missing my baking.


I have not made these cookies in a while so I forgot that the batter has to be chilled for at least four hours.
On day 2, I finally shaped the cookies and rolled them into that soft powdery sugar.

*My trusty camera was not charged up, so I had to make do with my mobile phone's camera.
Off to the oven, and hopefully, all the uneasiness had been baked too.

I love seeing those cracks and taking a peak at the soft chewy center underneath that somewhat crusty outside.
Here's to baking away!

1 comment: